WisCOSH interacts with workers in an assortment of venues on a variety of Occupational Safety & Health issues. Join us and make us know how we can help you and meet your needs as a worker or former worker.
- Task Fource Meetings - WisCOSH has several Task Fource Groups for individuals who want to be more directly involved with specific issues. : Open to anyone with an interest in the issue.
- Board of Directors Meetings - WisCOSH, Inc. Board of Director's Meeting's are open to all members of WisCOSH. We work better with member involvement. Contact the WisCOSH office for an agenda or to raise an issue for inclusion.
- Public Meetings - Events that WisCOSH will be at and encourages your prescence also.
- ERGO Task Force : Persons interested in Ergonomics issues and the fight for a real ERGONOMICS STANDARD that protects workers should call and write your elected and appointed officials. Contact not only your federal officials but state and local ones as well and make them know how important a safe and healthy workplace is! Contact WisCOSH as well.
- IWR Task Force : Persons interested in, or involved in, Immigrant Worker Rights issues are invited to contact WisCOSH with any requests for help or positive information. WisCOSH has several trainings which can be presented bilingually which will inform workers of their rights.
Board of Directors Meetings
On October 16th WisCOSH held it's 2010 Annual Membership Meeting and Election of Officers. WisCOSH is pleased to welcome a couple of new faces. The WisCOSH Board of Directors still has a couple of open positions. If you are a member of WisCOSH, or join prior to the next election, and are interested in getting actively involved in help make workplaces safer and healthier for all workers please contact the WisCOSH office and we will gladly send you additional information.
WisCOSH members and the general public are welcome to attend any Board of Directors meeting. If the board should need to enter 'Executive Session' members and guests will be asked to step outside the meeting room for the duration of such portion of the meeting, but are welcome to return afterwards for the remainder of the open meeting.
Upcoming and Recent Board of Directors Meetings :
Location :WisCOSH Office - 1535 W. Mitchell St., Milwaukee, WI 53204
Time : 6:00 p.m.
Upcoming Meeting Dates :
- Dec. 16, 2010 : 5:00 pm
Recent Meetings :
- Nov. 30, 2010 : 5:30 pm
- October 16, 2010 : 5:00 pm Annual Membership Meting and Fundraiser Dinner at ATU Local 998 Hall
- June 25, 2010 : 3:30 pm
- May 25, 2010
- April 28, 2010 - Annual Membership Meeting Election of Officers & Fundraiser Dinner
- March 31, 2010
- February 11, 2010 - canceled/rescheduled due to weather and illness
- January 21, 2010
- December 15, 2009
- November 24, 2009 - meeting rescheduled from 11/17 due to illness
- October 20, 2009
- September 15, 2009
- August 18, 2009
- July 23, 2009
- June 24, 2009
WisCOSH is a network of health and/or safety professionals, activists, and concerned workers and former workers. And as such we try to interact with the public at as many events as we can find volunteers to staff.
That's right, volunteers! WisCOSH is a non-profit organization and we put as much of our operating expenses towards getting you occupational safety and health information as possible.
So join us at the following events, or contact us about an event that you are sponsoring or that you would like to have WisCOSH attend.