Here are a some informational sheets on many different aspects of Occupational Safety & Health awareness. Please feel free to print and distribute amongst your fellow workers. The more you know about workplace safety and health the better protected you can be from the hazards you may face in the workplace.
These sheets have been composed by WisCOSH and other COSH groups, the National COSH and many concerned unions and groups. When reproducing please retain the notice of who is the originator of the information. If any information is found to be incorrect please notify WisCOSH so it may be corrected.
Table of Contents
- If You Get Hurt at Work
When you get injured at work would you know what you should do first? Who you should tell? What you should tell them? What should you do or where should you go next? This is not an all encompassing list but it does give you a good starting place and some definate DOs and DON'Ts.
- Repetitive Motion Injury (RMI)
- What is this thing called MCS
- Work : It Can Be dangerous to Your Health
Factsheets of the "Protecting Workers Who Exercise Rights" Project
- Contract Language for a Safe & Healthy Workplace [html] [pdf]
- Health and Safety and the National Labor Relations Act [html] [pdf]
- Health and Safety Rights on the Job for Teen Workers [html] [pdf]
- How to File an OSHA Complaint [html] [pdf]
- How to Protect Yourself from Retaliation if You Need to Complain About a Dangerous Job [html] [pdf]
- Know Your Rights - Your Legal Rights in the Workplace [html] [pdf]
- ¡Conozca sus derechos! Sus derechos legales como trabajador [html] pdf]
- Know Your Rights Under OSHA [html] [pdf]
- Temp and Contract Workers Have Rights Too! [html] [pdf]
- The OSHA Inspection [html] [pdf]
- Using Section 11(c) of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) [html] [pdf]
- Whistleblower Protections Under the Surface Transportation Assistance Act (STAA)[html] [pdf]
- Workers' Whistleblower Rights Under Environmental Law [html] [pdf]
- Your OSHA Rights in a Nutshell [html] [pdf]